It's Hurricane season and time to be prepared. So we have for you the Top Four Hurricane Tips & Checklists to help you be ready for any storm that comes.
#1 - Know what to do before the storm
We created a Hurricane Check List that helps you identify what you need to do before a hurricane is forcasted and when a storm is coming to your area.
#2 - Know the supplies you need
Steve Jobs once said, "Good artists copy, great artists steal." We were going to create the next checklist until we saw FEMA had one already. So here is a list for creating your own Emergency Kit of supplies that you should obtain before a storm comes to your area.
#3 - Know where to meet after the storm
#4 - Know what to do after the storm
After a Hurricane here are some important points that FEMA recommends:
- Listen to local officials for updates and instructions.
- Check-in with family and friends by texting or using social media.
- Return home only when authorities indicate it is safe.
- Watch out for debris and downed power lines.
- Avoid walking or driving through flood waters. Just 6 inches of moving water can knock you down, and fast-moving water can sweep your vehicle away.
- Avoid flood water as it may be electrically charged from underground or downed power lines and may hide dangerous debris or places where the ground is washed away.
- Photograph the damage to your property in order to assist in filing an insurance claim.
- Do what you can to prevent further damage to your property, (e.g., putting a tarp on a damaged roof), as insurance may not cover additional damage that occurs after the storm.
Want to know more about what to do and also talk to some really cool people? Give us a call at 800-272-4RUE or drop us a line.